Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I'm Just a Kid

Whether we want to or not, we grow up.  Time passes by before you know it.  I know at age 23 I'm just wondering where all the time went and how I got here so fast.  It's weird doing this adulting thing.  I actually have to be responsible and all that.
I know I'm still adjusting to this new phase of life even though sometimes I feel like I'm still just a kid who doesn't know what they are doing.  The truth is though everyone around you, all your friends and peers, feel the same way.  They may look like they are all put together and know what they are doing but what they don't tell you is that they are new to this too and it's making them feel just as awkward and weird.
Some days you are a boss ass bitch and you feel like you owned at life but as you adjust into this new world and stage there will be the days that you feel lost and like you can't do anything right.  The important thing to remember is that you aren't alone and it's ok to feel lost sometimes.  Sometimes that's what helps us figure things out so that we do better next time.
Most importantly don't lose the kid at heart that is inside you.  Yes, you are now responsible for the food on your table and the roof above you but that doesn't mean you have to lose your fun spirit and stop having fun.  You can grow up without becoming serious and boring.  Life will stress you out but don't forget to have fun once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment